Washington Teachers’ Union Goes Solar with Solar Solution!
About the Washington Teachers’ Union
The Washington Teachers’ Union (WTU) represents more than 5,000 active and retired teachers in Washington D.C. WTU is dedicated to social and educational justice for the students of the District of Columbia and to improving the quality of support, resources, compensation and working conditions for the public servants and proud teachers who educate our students in D.C. Public Schools.
The mission of the Washington Teachers’ Union is to:
- Raise the standards of the teaching profession by ensuring and promoting conditions vital to effective services for all students.
- Define and strengthen services of the schools and to afford employees with a full opportunity to participate in the democratic decision-making process within schools for the common good.
- Protect the legal rights of all members.
- Provide and maintain, as the sole and exclusive collective representative for members of the bargaining units, the effective implementation of the collective bargaining agreements between the Washington Teachers’ Union and other employers.
- Make employees aware of their political and social rights and responsibilities.